Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pre-submission goals, update #4: About, Help, ...and that's it.

I decided at this point that I've covered all the important/major bugs and enhancements that I wanted to work on between presentations and submission, so the last thing I did was to finally add the "about" and "help" sections.  (Yes, those links actually didn't do anything until perhaps an hour and a half ago.)

In lieu of creating actual separate pages for these sections -- which could severely disturb the logged-in/logged-out status management and gameplay (in the case of people jumping to these pages who knows when) -- I added an "about" div and a "help" div to both the index.php and playgame.php pages, with the same content on each page.  Both divs are hidden when you arrive on the page, but thanks to jQuery, when you click the links up in the header, they will slide into view.  Yes, both can be viewed at the same time, but I think that's fine.  Each div has a little [x] in the upper right; clicking on this slides them back into hiding.  The rest of the page content slides down to allow them to appear (i.e. they don't cover the main page content).  I like this setup because you can view the information whenever you want while using the app.  This allows for handy referral to game instructions even while playing!

I'm pretty tired... moving on to final documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment