Saturday, May 1, 2010

Double fail: another full game played against a friend

Things I learned from this game:
  • I really need to do something about people flying off the edge of the entire grid.
  • I also really need to write an instructions page.  It needs to be really clear about how your acceleration works...
  • I need to double check what's going on when two players are out of bounds at the same time.  The flow of turns seemed to happen properly, but I think at one point my opponent's set of move-option circles didn't appear on my screen when they should have.  (I guess they showed up on his though because he was able to take his move.)
  • Also, Matt exploited his out-of-bounds moves to jump back into the track by just cutting straight through, whereas I basically slowed down to almost zero speed and turned around.  I'd actually never thought of his strategy before.  It's not exactly a bug that he was able to do this, and I'm not sure how to curb it in any simple way in the code, either...
Now for the fun screenshots...

Game 1 (well, the attempt):
(filename: matt_fail.png)



Game 2
(filename: tory_fail.png)

No comments:

Post a Comment