Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pre-submission goals: update #1

Things fixed or completed so far...
  • The current velocity for each player is now displayed next to the thumbnail of their Facebook picture and is updated after each turn.
  • Players now cannot occupy the same gridpoint at the same time.  To do this, I simply don't display the little circle that indicates that you can move to a point if another player's piece is currently located on that point.  (I had one hitch initially -- I forgot that if your current velocity allows, you sometimes can stay on the same exact point you're already on, so I didn't want to hide the circle if it's on top of your own piece.)
  • I believe I have now fixed the bug of move-option circles not appearing when they should have, during the case of both (out of 2) players being out of bounds at the same time.  Luckily, it was a simple matter of updating a boolean that pertained to the other player; as in, I'd forgotten to update that bit of game state across all player instances (not just the instance of the player whose turn it had been).
  • (??) As John is graciously allowing me to test via his Facebook login, I was able to play a couple of full games (by logging in as myself in Firefox and as John in Safari) on my own screen, and the winner notification worked in all cases.  So maybe this is not a bug after all?
A thought I just had: I should really test this on more than just two players.  I don't think I ever really have.

p.s. Screenshot of preventing players from occupying the same point, without removing the option circle that coincides with your own current position:

No comments:

Post a Comment